All the statements on this blog are strictly my own opinion. All images are mine unless otherwise noted. Many images I use have been collected over the years and their owners are unknown to me. If I have used one of your images and you wish me to take it down, please send me an email.
I don't mind sharing but if you use something from my site, please be kind by crediting it and linking back to candy.
Are you getting tired of all of my lengthy posts? Maybe you'd rather just look at images than read, read, read. Well, I can appeal to that. In fact, I've got the most delicious eye candy for you to look at.
Isn't that fantastic? The Moroccan pouf, the greens and purples with that pop of white. It all blends into a lovely oasis, don't you think? The wall mural is especially stunning. I think that's what I need. That way, it wouldn't matter if it was cold and snowy outside, it would always been green inside!!
I just wanted to pop in and say hello on this very first day of 2011. I love it. Even though it's just Saturday, which follows Friday and precedes Sunday just like every week, it still feels like something new and different- a fresh start, with Monday bringing new things. It really is awesome putting that new calendar up on the wall, isn't it?
So I waxed my eyebrows today. Yes, that's right. I waxed my eyebrows. I couldn't take it anymore. I was feeling like a sasquatch. Knowing that it might be a couple weeks before I could meet up with one of my sisters and have them do it for me, I decided to do it myself. So I bought some microwavable wax (Gigi brand if you're wondering,) watched a Youtube tutorial and went for it. I still have both my eyebrows so I think it went well. Looking in the mirror is much less scary now. It's really awesome how waxed eyebrows can feel like a fresh start too, isn't it? haha.
I also decided to do some much needed purging...from my closet. I took every single item of clothing out and laid it on the bed. Then I divided it into items that I wear on a regular basis and items that I rarely wear. After that, I counted it all and did a little math. According to my inventory, I was only regularly wearing 56% of the clothing I had in my closet. The other half was just hanging in there taking up ridiculous amounts of space.
I knew it was time to take action- I was holding on to a lot of those things just because I thought that someday I might wear it. But several of those items of clothing hadn't been worn in two or three years. So I decided it was time to simplify and donate the clothing that was just taking up valuable space.
I mean, it's just plain crazy to have 54 tank tops hanging in your closet and only be wearing 23 of them on a regular basis (yes, I had 54 tank tops.)
So anyway, my closet looks great now and I feel so relieved to be rid of all that extra crap. The next thing I need to tackle is my shoe cave. I have so many heels that I never wear in there. They're really cute, but not practical for my day to day routine. Maybe I'll give them away. First I have to come to terms with parting with them. Anyone want some cute heels?
Anyway, I think I'm ready for Monday. This week has been awesome but it's time to get back in the swing of things.
Andy and I are celebrating at home with a delicious array of yummy foods and a movie. We may even get ambitious and start the puzzle that I picked up today while I was out for a little 'me time.' That pedicure was just what I needed. I also picked up a darling little trench coat with lace cuffs at the Charlotte Russe after Christmas sale. I've been searching for the perfect trench for so long. Successful day, I think. I can't believe it's the last day of 2010. So strange how fast time goes. School starts back up again on Monday. I'm ready, but then again, I'm not. Well, cest le vie!
As I said before, I don't typically make New Years Resolutions. But that's just because I'm superstitious about it. It almost makes me feel like I'm jinxing my goals if I make them at New Year's. But what the heck. I'm going to give it a go this year and see what happens.
Without further ado, I present:
Kim's 2011 New Year's Resolutions
1. Complete the rest of the credit's for my bachelor's minus my senior seminar which I'll save for January of 2012.
2. Read five new books of my choice. I know this doesn't sound like much, but it's hard to get any pleasure reading in when you're a full time student. (One of my classes this semester has six required texts-yikes!)
3. Finish my spreadsheet and research on my chosen grad schools and narrow it down to the top three choices.
4. Finish the new Master bedroom and get everything moved in there. This includes coming up with a functional and organized closet plan that works for Andy and I (and our shoes.)
5. Put together a comfortable guest room so I can finally feel at ease having friends and family stay overnight.
6. Maintain the budget plan that I have followed this year but be better at reconciling it weekly.
7. Clean and organize the basement and all the accumulating random stuff that is just laying around down there.
8. Set up a weekly schedule for homework and study and stick to it. No more procrastinating.
9. Walk/take Ash to the park twice per week at a minimum. Boy do I get lazy.
10. Double emergency fund. I dipped in to this for Christmas so I'd like to get it back to where I had it as well as double it by the end of the year.
11. Pay off GL student loan. I'm close on this one so hopefully I'll even be able to get cracking on the other student loan I have. I got a small scholarship for this semester so that should help a bit.
12. Remove my makeup and wash my face before bed every night. I don't know why this is so hard for me to do, especially because I wake up feeling so much better and refreshed when I take the time for it.
13. Try one new recipe per month. I wish I could do more, but it's hard finding the time or energy to really cook during the week.
14. Continue my dance lessons and work out on my own one additional night per week.
15. Do one thing off my projects list every weekend.
16. Complete the wedding plans and then enjoy the fruits of my labor!!
So that's it. What is your number 1 goal for 2011?
I have to say that 2010 was a pretty good year for me. I thought I'd participate in this little recap survey to sum it all up.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?Went to Washington DC and did all the touristy things. Love, loved it. I want to go again.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I actually don't make any New Year's resolutions. You'd think it'd be the perfect excuse for this list/goal/accomplishment obsessed girl to have some fun but it's just something I don't do.
3. What countries did you visit?
America. Let's hope the honeymoon will bring something a little more exciting next year.
4. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
I'd like to have an organized basement. A nice office and guest room. A gray couch & armchair. A kitchen floor. A new master bedroom. Peonies in the yard. A new front door and dark shutters instead of white.
5. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
Get my new job in special collections and getting my associates degree.
7. What was your biggest failure?
B- in History of England. Ugh.
8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Bruised up my arm in a car accident.
9. What was the best thing you bought?
My wedding dress. Can't wait to wear it.
10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Genny's and a couple other people.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Planning a wedding, getting my new job, being so close to graduating, finishing my first crossword without any help from Andy.
13. What song will always remind you of 2010?
I can't think of one particular song but I've been listening to a lot of dance music these days. It seems that last year it was all about dreamy stuff from Sia and Bon Iver.
14. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I've gotten progressively happier over the last five years as things start moving in the right direction, so I'd say I feel happier this year.
15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had gone to the gym more. I wish I had read more. I wish I had gone camping more.
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Homework. Although, I didn't really have a choice on that one.
17. How will you be spending Christmas?
It's over but we spent it with family.
18. Did you fall in love in 2010?
19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. Still hate the same people I hated last year. ;)
20. What was the best book you read?
Can't pick just one. The Hunger Games Trilogy and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy
21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kinda fell in love with Michael Grimm's sound and got hooked on Glee.
22. What did you want and get?
I wanted Andy to ask me to marry him.
23. What did you want and not get?
The house remodels to be complete. The honeymoon to be booked. The truck to be sold. New couch and chair.
24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 29 on March 1. It was kind of a let down. I'm hoping that this year will be much better.
25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had graduated, moved out of state and been accepted to grad school.
26. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Evolving. I've spent much of the year wishing I could wear my heels again and being sad that it's not really practical to wear heels while walking around campus. I gave in to the skinny jean craze and was surprised to find that I love them. I've let my hair grow longer than it's ever been. I bought my first pair of Toms.
27. What kept you sane?
Andrew's patience, cuddles from the animals, Miss H, books, music, blogging.
28. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?