Aug 3, 2009

"Little Lou Lou"

I am so excited because I just realized today, that my sister Lindsey will be home from her mission in just three short months. I can't believe that it has already been a year and a half!

Lou and I had never been very close growing up. I was the oldest, and to me, she was the youngest who got away with everything. I'd say there was a little resentment between us and poor Jen was always stuck in the middle.

But although there was always some sibling rivalry going on between us, the three of us spent most of our time together. My mom was very good at emphasizing the importance of family time. I will always feel lucky that the three of us shared so many interests. Being able to dance, audition, take class, and perform all together was always so much fun! Having so many amazing experiences together and our mom always on the frontlines cheering us on has given me some of the greatest memories of my life.

Photobucket

Linds and I became very close when I moved back into my mom's house during my divorce. Lindsey was still at home and we ended up spending a lot of time together. It was strange to come home after five years and realize that she wasn't that 'annoying' little sister anymore.

We seemed to be able to connect better. We spend quite a bit of time in each other's rooms talking. We also went country dancing on Wednesdays together, which was a lot of fun. She helped me to 'get back out there' when I didn't have much steam in me for dating and starting over.

Even though we don't share the same religious beliefs, I have been so incredibly proud of her. I admire her bravery in putting herself out there and going through so many things all on her own. I know it must have been hard for her to be so far away when our Grandma died, when Jen got married and when so many other things were going on at home.

In her emails to me, she's been talking a lot about what she should do with her life once she is home. She is very ambitious and so talented. I am excited for her to start new things and excited to have both my sisters at family gatherings again. It just hasn't been the same without all three of us.

Can't wait to have you home Lilly Boop! Okay, so your not Little Lou Lou anymore but I'm your big sis so I can call you that and you can't get mad. ;)

2 comments:

Gabby

Yay for sisters! I don't know what I would do without mine :)

Kristin

I can't imagine not having my sis. Yey to yours coming home!

Post a Comment