May 6, 2010

DC recap

Rather than go through explaining every little thing, I decided just to post of sideshow of some of the pictures we took while in DC.

Seriously, there is so much to see and many of the places we went would not allow photographs.

My favorite places? The Library of Congress was awesome. I loved it the most. I was like a kid in a candy store there. You get to see cool documents like the Northwest Ordinance and the Magna Carta plus personal letters and memos written by generals and presidents and such.

I also loved the zoo, the Archives (where we saw the Constitution, Bill or Rights, and lots of other cool original documents.)

We went and saw a production of Little Shop of Horrors at the Ford Theater where Lincoln was shot. That was a fun night for both of us. We loved the show!





We had a lot of fun and saw some really cool things. I was a bit overwhelmed with everything I could have emersed myself in (being a history lover.) I probably could have spent three days reading everything at the Library of Congress for example.

So it's definately not a chill and relax type of vacation. You're walking everywhere and trying to cram as much in as you can while you're there. We were exhausted every night and sore in the morning. But it was definately a good time!

xoxo-Kimberly

PS- I must thank
Ella for giving me this award today!


Thanks, Ella! You're awesome!

2 comments:

Heather

Girl I agree! If you're at all in to history you end up running from place to place trying to soak it all in. I would LOVE to be able to spend like a week or more there checking everything out. We should all trek out there one of these days. That would be super fun. Can't wait to check out the slideshow from home though. :)

Kimberly @ Bookmark To Blog

Seriously- I also loved checking out all the local hot spots and the farmer's markets and such. Just made me want to move even that much more!!

Post a Comment