Nov 18, 2010

I pity the foo...totally lame title, sorry.

I have been dying for a pair of foo dogs for so long. But I'll need to save my pennies for a little longer before any will be mine.


What are foo dogs, you ask? Well, foo dogs are what we westerners call them, but they're really known as Chinese guardian lions. They always come in pairs and are believed to have powerful mythic protective powers in Chinese culture. They traditionally stand outside of tombs, temples, or palaces.

Photobucket

Chinese Guardian Lions at the Forbidden City in Beijing.


No, I don't plan on putting two Chinese guardian lions on either side of our front door. That would be cool but I don't think it's gonna happen. Instead, I'll take them in the westernized version- as book ends or just plain decorative statues.

Anyway, I about died when I saw that Ada and Darcy had some back in stock. Of course, I can only admire them for now...but someday...!!!

While we're on the subject of Ada and Darcy...please run on over to the shop and see all the other lovely things that are available. I have several of them on my wishlist already. Also make sure to add Ada and Darcy to your Google reader. You won't be sorry, I promise!

xoxo-Kimberly

1 comments:

Heather

AH I totally love it! As I was reading I tried to picture you standing in front of a house with two giant statues in front. HA HA HA!!! Rad!

Post a Comment