Dec 5, 2010

Countdown to Christmas

December just isn't December without advent calendars. When I was growing up each of us girls had 'Days.' When it was "Your Day," that meant that not only did you have to help wash the dishes and take out the trash, but you got certain privileges as well. When it was Your Day, you got to sit in the front seat of the car and make all the important decisions like what movie to rent or what dessert to have with dinner.

Having "Days" eliminated a lot of sibling squabbles and provided opportunities for teaching us to do chores, rewarding us, and having fun. Despite the chores, we each always loved when it was our Day. During special times, like the month of December you got to do the advent calendar when it was Your Day. That was my favorite thing.

I've put my own advent calendar up now and it's just mildly fun, since I'm the only one who really cares about it. But someday, I'll have little tykes who will hopefully get a kick out of it just like I did when I was little.

If you don't have one, it's not too late to put one up! Making your own is pretty simple. To help you out I've put together some of my favorite DIY advent calendars that you can get ideas from.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have fun!!
xoxo-
Kimberly

1 comments:

Heather

Cuteness!!! I remember my parents had one too when we were growing up. It was AWESOME!!! I always love the pictures on your blog too. They always look so nice. When I live closer to you I need you to help me make my blog awesome. :) Love you girl!!!

Post a Comment